This position is located in our VA, Herndon facility
• Provide development support to the Notes Client to Web conversion project.
• Investigate design, implement, and maintain improvements to existing Lotus Notes web enabled databases and applications. Activities in the area include database and user conversion to the new Agency classification
• Analyze requirements against both existing capabilities (re-use) and identify the need for new tools/technology when satisfying customer requirements.
• Provide SharePoint Configuration Management support as needed
• Provide technical support to users when called upon by NCS service desk personnel
• Provide relational database administration and system management support, including data backup, replication, routine hardware maintenance, software upgrades, operations support and re-capitalization planning as requested.
• Agile development methods and supporting development platforms to include Domino 7-8.5, Ruby on Rails, MS Access, or SharePoint.
• Design and develop tools for the MS Windows and relevant operating system platforms.
• Design and develop tools that integrate with commercial applications.
• Design and develop database management systems, image processing, collaborative tools, data manipulation techniques, data visualization techniques, and directory services.
• Provide database architectural and design capabilities.
• Develop unit and functional test plan.
• Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
• Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
• Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities .
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
*SQL *Access Preferred
Agile development methods and supporting development platforms to include Domino 7-8.5, Ruby on Rails, MS Access, SharePoint, MS Access, Visual Basic, Java and Lotus Script,Click Here to Apply