Certified Application Counselors meet individually and in small groups with clients and the community at large to provide detailed information and support about the Health Marketplace program in an unbiased and neutral manner.
- Provide informational materials to help clients understand the Health Marketplace.
- Individually and in small groups, explain:
- How the Health Marketplace works, and the levels and plans available
- Recommended considerations when selecting a level and plan
- How to enroll
- Answer questions objectively, document any questions that cannot be answered for follow-up action and report them to the Staff Coordinator.
- Walk through online enrollment process with clients to help them understand the form, answer their questions objectively and assist with technology challenges.
- Document each individual or small group meeting and submit report to Staff Coordinator.
- Report any fraudulent activity to Staff Coordinator and the authorities.
Opportunities throughout northern Virginia! Must successfully pass Certified Application Counselor (CAC) training (we provide materials and testing). Training and materials provided. Must commit to minimum 6-8 hours per week through March 31, 2014.