AboutWeb is seeking a Systems Architect who will be working in Washington D.C.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of Manager, the incumbents accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide seamless end-user experience for FEPOC Test and Production environments. Supported technologies include: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere, AIX, Z/OS, MVS utilities, CICS, DB2, Korn Shell, Java, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Rules Engine, and Web Services
1. Environment Provisioning and Support: Independently design, build, configure, performance tuning, and maintain up to 40 Test and Production systems for Mainframe and Middleware platforms. Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to maintaining Mainframe and Middleware systems.
2. Tools Administration: Maintain and administer tools that support various Test and Production environments.
3. Production Support: Provides operations support for User Acceptance Test and Production environments. Maintains Service Levels with acceptable system availability and response times. Provides technology consulting services for the enterprise and complex problem resolution; Leads Level 3 support.
4. Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to maintaining and using the mainframe and middleware systems.
5. Development and Process Improvements: Recommends and implements new technologies to benefit the business. Self driven with interest to learn diverse technologies including Open Source and Scripting technologies. Displays and utilizes business knowledge. Expands knowledge of corporate systems and procedures. Educates self in current business systems and processes. Continuously seeks opportunities to implement creative solutions, apply innovation and improve processes.
6. Project Management: Provides project management at the team and technical project level, including properly following a project life cycle, developing and maintaining project plans where appropriate, and completing all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain resolution within established timeframes.
7. Leadership: Trains and mentors less senior team members. Displays and utilizes broad business and technical knowledge. Educates others in new and changing technologies.
8. Strategic Management: Works with Enterprise Architecture, Technical Management and Application Architecture to develop roadmaps and solutions for meeting future business requirements. Recommends and implements new technologies to benefit the business. Develops strategic documentation for presentation to Sr. Management.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree with 10+ years of prior experience in the specific technical discipline, OR equivalent experience. Experience in implementing large scale system design changes. Demonstrated leadership ability. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required for developing and presenting strategic roadmaps and solutions to Senior Management.
Technical/Skills: Ability to integrate and coordinate technical requirements with cross functional teams. Position requires strong hands on proficiency in Mainframe and Middleware systems. Platform utilities include: WebSphere WAS, WebSphere MQ, Unix, Database Management Systems, operating systems, as well as familiarity with communications, programming, storage and providing systems support for the software listed above
Strong and current hands on experience with Mainframe or Middleware platforms for the following technologies within these platforms: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere WAS, AIX, J2EE, Java, Korn Shell, WebServices, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Engine, Scripting and Automation. Mainframe Technologies such as ZOS, CICS, DB2.
Hands on experience with Middleware or Mainframe support with some Systems integration experience.
General knowledge and/or experience managing and troubleshooting for technologies listed above.
General knowledge and/or experience managing and troubleshooting systems utilities for Mainframe and Middleware platforms for Z/OS, AIX, or IBM WebSphere.
Familiarity with IBM z/OS or AIX server or IBM WebSphere application server software.
Office Software: Solid understanding/experience with Microsoft Office products, and of the Software development lifecycle.
Required Skills: General knowledge of application development and operating systems for Mainframe and middleware platforms. Ability to perform system and problem analysis. Proven ability to apply process improvements to improve system performance.
Working towards two or more of the following certifications:
IBMWebSphere MQ Z/OS
Process certification such as ITIL, CMMI
Abilities/Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for peers; ability to effectively present technology recommendations and respond to questions from senior leadership, external customers, and associates; ability to work with enterprise level Architecture to develop, document and implement strategic roadmaps/ solutions.
Preferred: Strong expertise and knowledge of an Information Technology environment. Hands on experience with the SDLC and knowledge of two or more of the following utilities: WebSphere MQ, WebSphere, AIX, Z/OS, MVS utilities, CICS, DB2, Korn Shell, Java, J2EE, Data Power, Pega Business Rules Engine, and WebServices.