Our client is looking for two experienced CICS Systems Programmers to work onsite at SSA in Woodlawn (Baltimore) MD. The candidate(s) must be US citizens or green card holders to be considered. Please read through the four sub tasks, and if you have the requisite experience, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. This is a long term contract (multi year).
Skills and experience
1) SMPE Knowledge to install IBM vendor products on Z/OS Mainframe using SMPE.
2) Knowledge of CICS installation, configuration and maintenance, including CICS regions, JCL and Resource Definition Online.
3) Knowledge of Assembler or Cobol programming languages
4) CICS Transaction Gateway(CTG) and Websphere a major plus
5) Installing and supporting
a. CICS Abend-AID/FX
b. CICSPlex Systems Manager
c. BMC 3270 Super Optimizer for CICS
Social Security Administrations (SSA) Office of Telecommunications and Systems Operations (OTSO) provides administration and software support for the Customer Information Control System (CICS) architecture, which supports four system development life cycles, in the National Computer Center (NCC) in Baltimore, MD and Durham Support Center (DSC) in Raleigh, NC. With two processing centers available, each site will serve as alternate site for processing in the event of man-made or natural disaster.
The CICS architecture consists of over 600 CICS regions in support of the Integration, Training, Acceptance, and Production life cycles. SSA is operating under CICS v3.2 on the IBM Z Series mainframe platform running z/OS v1.10 (migrating 1.11). The applications that run under CICS access various industry standard databases and interact with middleware, such as DB2, Integrated Database Management System (IDMS), WebSphere MQ, and WebSphere Application Server. The CICS architecture supports over 70,000 3270 and TelNet 3270 (TN3270) users and processes more than 60 million transactions per day in support of SSAs mission critical programs.
The objective of this task is to provide systems programming support to administer, customize, and troubleshoot the CICS architecture by developing, modifying and installing CICS systems software and application software. This task will provide support during the disaster recovery exercise.
Scope of Effort
The scope of effort shall include all items identified in each sub-task. The contractor shall provide the necessary staff to ensure successful task completion.
Sub-Task 1: CICS Software Development and Maintenance
Purpose: Develop, design, maintain, test, document and deploy CICS systems level and application software features and changes.
· Analyze high level requirements and develop detailed design documents.
· Develop and maintain CICS systems level and application software using Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), Assembler Language Code (ALC) or Java.
· Meet with SSA analysts, management and end-users to develop requirements.
· Develop comprehensive test plans to ensure validation of functional requirements.
· Perform life cycle management and coordination of software changes across SSAs Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Develop and maintain documentation on CICS systems and application software.
· Provide Task Manager weekly status reports on development efforts via email.
· Produces design documents and flowcharts.
· Develop and document test plan for other SSA divisions or components to ensure functional requirements are met and the software is properly integration tested.
· Turn completed software over into the life cycle using SSA change management procedures furnished by the Task Manager.
· Delivery methods and due dates are to be determined through communication with the Task Manager.
Sub-Task 2: Create New or Modify Existing CICS Architectures
Purpose: Create new or modify existing CICS regions in support of new SSA applications or CICS architecture re-engineering initiatives.
· Create new CICS regions and establish appropriate Resource Definition Online (RDO) definitions in support of application requirements for Integration, Training, Acceptance, and Production life cycles in accordance with CICS region build standards furnished by the Task Manager.
· Process Job Control Language (JCL) and RDO modifications from service requests assigned by the Task Manager.
· Prepare appropriate change management documentation and procedures based on samples furnished by the Task Manager.
· Update appropriate CICS configuration documentation to reflect changes to the architecture.
· Communicate and work with application developers and SSA testers to ensure all CICS resources (e.g. Files, Programs, Transactions, DB2, IDMS) are identified and defined appropriately.
· Using change management procedures, CICS region configurations and all associated JCL and RDO changes should be submitted to the Task Manager.
· CICS configuration documentation should be submitted to the Task Manager.
· New and updated CICS region configurations shall be delivered within the established application project schedule for each stage of the life cycle.
· Application release schedules for each stage of the life cycle will be provided by
the Task Manager, and are also documented on the CICS service request form.
· The related documentation shall be delivered to the Task Manager within 5 business days after the production release date.
Sub-Task 3: Problem Management and Production Support
Purpose: Provide problem resolution that includes the diagnosis and root cause analysis of CICS application software problems, CICS configuration, or CICS software related problems.
· Develop and implement capabilities to monitor the CICS production environment for problems and generate automated alerts to appropriate SSA personnel identified by the Task Manager.
· Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve CICS related problems when they occur.
· Provide technical expertise on CICS application and configuration related issues.
· Troubleshoot CICS systems and application problems and facilitate the necessary actions required to correct the problem.
· Communicate with designated SSA personnel by phone and email concerning the details of the issue, expected resolution, and root cause analysis.
· Support efforts to restore processing during a disaster recovery exercise or an actual disaster at either the DSC or NCC.
· Documentation of new monitoring alerts shall be submitted to the Task Manager.
· Document problem resolutions including full root cause analysis in SSAs problem tracking system, Change Asset Problem Reporting System (CAPRS).
· To be determined through communication with the SSA Task Manager.
Sub-Task 4: CICS and Third Party Software Installation and Maintenance
Purpose: Perform installation and maintenance of CICS software and third party vendor software to maintain a reliable and stable infrastructure.
· Install CICS software and third party vendor software using System Modification Product/Extended (SMP/E) across SSAs SDLC.
· Apply maintenance to CICS software and third party vendor software using SMP/E across SSAs SDLC.
· Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE and IBMs Tivoli Enterprise Portal (TEP) for CICS.
· Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting CICS Abend-AID/FX.
· Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting CICSPlex Systems Manager.
· Knowledge/experience with install and supporting BMC 3270 Super Optimizer for CICS.
· Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve CICS related problems when they occur.
· Update configuration documentation reflecting new software versions.
· Research compatibility between CICS and third party vendor software.
· Research compatibility between z/OS, Top Secret, IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS), & IBM WebSphere MQ software in relationship to CICS and third party vendor products.
· Establish and document test plan.
· Coordinate testing activities with application development staff and external partners.
· Communicate and coordinate software upgrades with the SSA Task Manager and the CICS monitor room.
· Upgrades to CICS and third party vendor software according to project schedules developed by the SSA Task Manager.
· Test plans for each upgrade should be submitted to the SSA Task Manager.
· Updated CICS configuration documentation should be submitted to the SSA Task Manager.
· Software maintenance is applied every 6 months for existing products and version upgrades are determined by business need. Each software implementation schedule varies depending on the criticality of the upgrade. Schedules will be determined by the Task Manager.