- THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON FUNDING APPROVAL*
The Center for Cancer Genomics (CCG ) and the Genomic Data Commons (GDC) project is developing a common data infrastructure for all current CCG programs including The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA).
The Principal Senior Scientist will be the core of a team supporting the Center for Cancer Genomics (CCG ) and the Genomic Data Commons (GDC) project which is developing a common data infrastructure for all current CCG programs including The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA). Will have primary responsibility for overall scientific oversight and progress of Leidos Biomedical Research Incs efforts. Will interface with the CCG Program Office and stakeholders on all scientific aspects of Leidos Biomedical Researchs support including facilitating communication among participating researchers and other contractors and capturing scientific and business requirements from the CCG program office and end users. Will work with the CCG leadership to ensure scientific goals are clearly communicated to the Genomic Data Commons (GDC) subcontractor and will work closely with the subcontractor to evaluate approaches for achieving these as well as measuring scientific success of the efforts.
- Possession of a Doctoral degree (e.g., D.V.M., D.Sc., M.D., or Ph.D.) from an accredited college or university appropriate to biomedical/bioinformatics research.
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S .equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of ten (10) years of post-graduate experience, including at least five (5) years at a Principal Scientist level.
- Five (5) or more years of managing complex programs or large production units are required.
- Strong background and skills in bioinformatics.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of scientific personnel and administrative staff through written and oral presentations.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with bioinformatics software/systems.
- Experience in developing projects involving management of complex heterogeneous genomic data sets.
- Experience using various CCG data sets e.g. TCGA or Target.
- Experience working with NCI scientists.
Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, Inc., is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. Leidos Biomedical is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2013, 9:10:25 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job