THIS IS AN AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT (ARRA) FUNDED POSITION.
The IT Operations Group, part of the Information Systems Program, is responsible for information technology infrastructure, including high performance computing, enterprise storage and advanced telecommunications.
The LAN/Network Specialist III will perform planning, design, coordination, and implementation with regard to data communications networks. Works closely with other system and data communications analysts to identify and resolve network problems. Provides technical guidance to researchers, fellow system administrators, and user personnel. Will install, upgrade, and maintain the network hardware and software and establish and maintain vendor hardware and software support relationships. Will respond to network problems and maintenance outside of the normal weekday hours of operation.
: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in biomedical science/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree.
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible job related experience specializing in TCP/IP network communications.
- Must have experience with CISCO switch configuration and management and CISCO router maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP, and OSPF Layer 3 Cisco core and edge switches supporting VLANs, a Class B network multicast, and up to 10Gbit interconnects.
- Network Management which includes: SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor, configuration control, and upgrades.
- Thorough understanding of IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP protocols for network troubleshooting.
- Must be able to provide hands on support with cabling, switch replacement, and hardware rack maintenance.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Masters degree preferred.
- CCNA preferred.
- Wireless networking including Cisco Access Points.
- Interfacing with CIT network staff to maintain firewall rules and infrastructure communications, VoIP, Video over IP, F5 load Balancers, InfoBlox IPAM/Network Automation.
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Aug 27, 2013, 2:41:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FREDERICK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job