Center for City Parks Excellence Internship -
The Trust for Public Land - SF Headquarters - Washington, DC
Our Washington DC office is seeking a Temporary Associate/Intern for our Center for City Park Excellence and in particular to work on an analytical project related a major database on parks.
- Maintain a database
- Research public data sources. Outreach to government offices via phone and e-mail required.
- Organize, analyze and disseminate data. Some statistics required.
- Write summaries in support of key program work elements.
- Prepare materials for presentations, our website, and other project related needs.
- Coordination with other staff
- Perform other relevant duties, including some administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Bachelors degree required, and masters degree in related field is preferable. Course work or experience in environmental studies, public policy, statistics, urban planning or related area.
- Superior writing skills.
- Strong research and analytic skills and a facility with numbers.
- Coursework in statistics required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Excel and Access
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated commitment to parks and cities
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems.
Position is for 40 hours per week at $15 per hour.
The Trust for Public Land - SF Headquarters