This position is located in our MD, Towson facility
The Medicare Secondary Payer Systems Contractor (MSPSC) is a component of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R). COB&R governs the pre and post pay Medicare claims processing and recovery of errant Medicare primary payments. The COB&R program is the consolidation of all applications/systems previously contained under the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) and Coordination of Benefits (COB) programs. The MSPSC is responsible for all PMLC and SDLC phases of the development life cycle in support of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R) for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The program is comprised of applications which are housed under multiple platforms from mainframe, windows, customized COTS products, mid-tier/web and in some cases a combination of environments.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Prepares development estimates to within 5-10 % range of actual effort.
5. Builds strong relationships with the other development teams.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management as required.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Will serve as a technical team or task leader.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Work with the manager to assist with assigning and tracking work i.e. PLOGs, Service Requests and Help Desk Tickets.
13. Flexible to troubleshoot or coordinate production issues including emergency, urgent issues in production as they arise.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience. Lead or superviosry experience strongly preferred.
1. Advanced knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
2. Proficiency in the CICS/COBOL language, JCL and DB2.
3. Plus experience with web development
4. Plus experience with IBM File Net
5. Plus experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator (Gentran Integration Suite)
6. Plus experience with database knowledge (DB2 and Oracle) preferred
7. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
8. Able to work within a team or independently.Click Here to Apply