This position is located in our MD, Indian Head facility
Specific Duties include but are not limited to, staying abreast of program progress, risks, costs, delivery schedule, product performance, product improvements, process improvements, current status of servicing equipment with warehousing, delivery, re-supply, maintenance, and warranty programs necessary to maintain the integrity of the contract.
The Program Manager is expected to communicate effectively progress, successes, problems, issues and risks to the COR and to promote the project identity and message at all times. The PM is the primary point of contact for the COR with regard to contract performance and shall be the single point of accountability for accomplishing program objectives for total life-cycle systems management, including sustainment. PM shall consider supportability, life cycle costs, performance, and schedule in making program decisions. PM to be proactive in terms of identifying possible quality improvements across all areas of the service.
1. Guide all contractor staffing and operational aspects of the CBRNE through proactive planning and analysis.
2. Serve as the single contractor point of contact.
3. Exercise full decision-making authority Team program activities.
4. Provide direction in program planning; assure that the program meets cost, schedule, performance, and quality goals.
5. Establish program baseline budgets consistent with awarded contract value, scope of work, and schedule.
6. Assure that organizational interfaces for communication, with the customer and internally, are clearly defined.
7. Assure that responsibilities and authority of all management and supervisory positions are defined and well understood.
8. Oversee and support the timely preparation and submittal of all required plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other scheduled contract deliverables.
9. Oversee all program-level activities.
10. Maintain close contact with the CBRNE PMO and be available on short notice to handle urgent requests.
11. Apply the CBRNE Contract Team program resources.
12. Monitor sub-contractor performance.
13. Identify risk areas and manage them to mitigate downstream problems.
14. Resolve cost, schedule, or performance issues.
15. Review, sign, and submit documentation and reports to assure conformance with customer requirements and expectations.
16. Implement lessons learned.
1.Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2.Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
8-10 years of related experience that includes supervisory, leadership, and professional development including:
1. Strong written and oral communications skills; including public speaking.
2. Excellent supervision, analytical, and organizational skills.
3. Strong ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines and prioritize appropriately.
4. Ability to work collaboratively to achieve objectives.
5. Strong track record of delivering strong customer service.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear or high yield Explosive (CBRNE) Incident Response Program Management Support and Marine Corps chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF). The PM is the primary point of contact for the COR with regard to contract performance and shall be the single point of accountability for accomplishing program objectives for total life-cycle systems management, including sustainment. PM shall consider supportability, life cycle costs, performance, and schedule in making program decisions. Click Here to Apply