The Department of Information Technology and Management Science invites applications for a Graduate Assistantship (20 hours/week) for the Spring of 2014.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(1) Assisting in the set-up, documentation, use, and maintenance of the equipment and resources in the cybersecurity lab, Room 402, and supporting studentâ€™s use of the lab for classroom and research activities;
(2) Identifying, coordinating and attending cybersecurity and computer science events in the local area including working with students to engage them in these activities;
(3) Providing assistance to the Principal Investigator (PI) in the administration of the National Science Foundation CyberCorp Scholarship for Service program, including supporting the studentâ€™s Cybersecurity Club;
(4) Maintaining an electronic resource and a bulletin board for scholarships, internships, and jobs specific to computer science and cybersecurity; and
(5) Providing administrative support to the Chair including maintaining student records and files and the administration of the departmentâ€™s Microsoft DreamSpark account.
To be eligible for a Graduate Assistantship a student must:
(1) Be a full-time student in the information technology program specializing in cybersecurity or in the cybersecurity program at Marymount.
(2) Maintain good academic standing (a GPA of 3.3 or better).
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong skills in research, writing, and interpersonal communication, with faculty and students.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of the department.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, including excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computer science topics, and cybersecuriy specifically.
- Familiarity with technologies commonly used in the instructional process including Blackboard, particularly online teaching technologies.
- Ability to communicate design ideas orally and in a variety of media and willingness to assist information technology students, graduate and undergraduate.
Please complete the online application and attach your resume and a cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position.
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.