Business Objects Developer Jr/MID
Bachelors Degree in relevant field plus a minimum of 3- 5+ years relevant experience. Relevant fields include Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other related fields. Experience in implementation methodologies and the application development environment.
· Knowledge of the Business Objects XI 3.*/BI 4.0 architecture and system essentials
· Experience in Linux / UNIX platforms.
· Experience configuring, tuning and troubleshooting WebSphere/ WebLogic applications
· Experience in performance testing and capacity planning
· Demonstrated experience in working in production environment.
· Excellent teaming skills.
· Ability to multi-task and provide expertise for multiple infrastructure related efforts across concurrent project tasks.
· Must have worked in global enterprise systems implementation, management reporting systems, or internet related technologies.
· Ability to work with development teams and vendors to resolve infrastructure related issues.
· Understanding of database structure.
· Detail oriented.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Experience in variety of system platforms
· Experience in failover and recovery planning, design and testing.
· Knowledge of Java 1.5/1.6
· Experience with Business Objects Java SDK
· Current CBP Full BI Preferred
· Experience working with BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.*/ BI 4.0 infrastructure.
· An understanding of Web Servers, Application Servers (WebLogic, WebSphere) and Databases (Oracle preferred) is preferred. He must also have insight to Java application development and architecture
· Should be comfortable with concepts of application architecture/design for performance using vertical and horizontal scaling, JMS, Connection Pools and J2EE Deployments. The candidate should also have Disaster recovery design knowledge.
· Solid work experience in Java/J2EE environments to support and troubleshoot the middle-tier applications is desired.
· Proven skills with Web technologies such as XML and SOAP, and run-time JVM optimization knowledge (multi-host environment).
· Troubleshoot and debug any errors occurring in application server environment, application debugging, heap analysis and error doc gathering preferred (i.e. Thread dump, heap dump). Must be able to analyze and tune Web, App server configurations (plug-in, httpd.conf, etc...)
· Adhere to assigned project schedules with willingness to complete projects within time and budget. Coordinate activities with PM, other team members and developers