This position is located in our IA, West Des Moines facility
We are currently recruiting for a Java Web Developer in our West Des Moines, IA office. TThis candidate would join a dynamic application development team in building strategic solutions that assist in meeting our customers' needs.
What You'll Do
As a Java Web Developer for GDIT in West Des Moines, IA, you will be responsible for application developer duties in the Health Analytics and Fraud Preventions Application Development team.
In addition, you will:
- Responsible for performing functional analysis, development, unit test, application deployment and support
- Ensure software development compliance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and company policies
- Collaborate closely with team members and technical leads
- Ensure high quality delivery of technical projects
What It Takes
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and Java programming experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training/ certification.
We also require:
- Proficient with Java/Java EE development
- Knowledge of the Software Development Process
- Versed in object oriented programming
- Ability to contribute unsolicited ideas with the team for continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, fun environment
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience working with Java MVC frameworks
- Experience working with Java persistence frameworksClick Here to Apply