Job Title: Systems Engineer
Position #: S03013 & S03945
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Salary: $64,812.80 - $110,468.80 per year, "with a starting salary generally "falling within the first half of the range".
Review of Online applications will begin on Monday, November 4, 2013. Position is Open Until Filled.
Montgomery College, the Office of Information Technology, Rockville, Maryland, has a need for two (2) full-time System Engineers, position #S03013 & #S03945. Work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Job Summary: Provide engineering support for Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, or other similar infrastructure centric applications. Perform thorough testing and evaluation through product planning, management, and teamwork. Configure, install, implement, tailor, and tune new software and hardware to ensure successful integration with existing College computing and network systems. Document the configuration of the server/systems and any changes to the configuration. Manage the assigned systems area of Active Directory, Exchange, and/or other infrastructure centric application infrastructure. Resolve any incidents, issues, or requests with minimal disruption of client's ability to do their daily work. Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, and preventive maintenance. Monitor IT Service Desk and assist users and engineers with problems relating to the servers and network operating center (NOC) operations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field, and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in administrating Microsoft Active Directory.
- Minimum of three years of experience in administering Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007
- Minimum of three years of experience with Windows 2008 server administration
- Experience working with one of the leading SAN solutions.
- Experience working in a VMware environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a broad team environment that may include end users, other system engineers, network engineers, database administrators, application programmers, or client support specialists.
- Ability and desire to learn new technology and implement solutions. Incumbent will become subject matter expert within his/her assigned area.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Valid driver;s license is required and evidence of good driving record.
- MCSA/MCSE or any other applicable Certification.
- Experience with Exchange 2010/2013 architecture and administration.
- Experience with Windows 2012 Server.
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 architecture and administration.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Review of Online applications will begin on Monday, November 4, 2013. Position is Open Until Filled
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
1. include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
2. complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
3. e-sign your application (Step 9)
4. failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
Montgomery College has endless possibilities!
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Industry Category: Colleges & Universities, Education / Other, Primary & Secondary Schools
Local Offices: Montgomery County, MD
Montgomery College has earned a reputation as one of the leading community colleges in the nation by applying a winning formula: excellence in teaching; innovative partnerships; and unrivaled leadership.
Montgomery College is a public, open admissions community college in Montgomery County, MD with campuses in Germantown, Rockville, and Takoma Park/Silver Spring. The College is second in the state, behind the University of Maryland, College Park, in its total number of undergraduate students. Montgomery College also serves the business community and local residents by offering noncredit courses and training programs through its Workforce Development and Continuing Education division. The college serves nearly 60,000 students annually, through both credit and noncredit programs, in more than 100 areas of study.
Montgomery College has a long and dedicated commitment to learning. We believe that learning is the responsibility of every member of the College community.
A firm commitment to student success at every level of the educational process guides Montgomery College's academic programs and related services. The College recruits students from all walks of life and cultures to enroll and increase their chances for personal, academic, and career success.
Montgomery College offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. This summary provides an overview showcasing the range of benefits offered to employees. If you have any specific questions about benefits at Montgomery College, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete list of benefits, please visit our website
- Where are you located?
The Office of Human Resources is located at 900 Hungerford Drive, Suite 130, Rockville, Maryland 20850. The Office is in the Montgomery College Central Administration Building (Mannakee) on the Rockville Campus right at the corner of Rt. 355 (Hungerford Drive) and Mannakee streets. Directions to the Office of Human Resources may be found at (www.montgomerycollege.edu). Use the directions on this site for the Rockville Campus. Central Administration is on the NW corner of the Hungerford and Mannakee intersection.
- What are your hours?
The Office of Human Resources is open Monday ? Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In the event of inclement weather when the College announces it is closed, the administrative offices, including the Office of Human Resources, are also closed.
- Please explain the difference between the three types of staff vacancies (support, associate and administrative) and Faculty vacancies?
Support Staff vacancies are positions such as Administrative Aide, Building Service Worker, Instructional Assistant and Customer Service Assistant ? traditional support positions.
Associate Staff vacancies are professional vacancies, which usually require a degree. These are positions such as Accountants, Purchasing Agents or Librarians.
Administrative Staff vacancies are professional vacancies in leadership roles such as department directors.
Faculty positions provide formal classroom instruction. Non-teaching faculty positions provide service in the area of student counseling.
For more information regarding staff vacancies, click here
For more information regarding full-time faculty vacancies, click here
For more information regarding part-time faculty vacancies, click here