This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Provides application development and technical support for customer websites.
2. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content.
3. Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
4. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
5. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
6. Plans, schedules and conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in web software development.
• Provide application development engineering and programming support to projects and infrastructure support activities; assist with designing and developing enterprise applications in a Web environment; assisting with developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
• Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
• Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
• Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
• Manage websites including design, develop, deploy and maintain activities and perform testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications as required.
• Convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language; develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information; develop codes, tests, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
• Perform maintenance on existing software products and contributes knowledge of business applications; write programs according to specifications needed.
• Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects; ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts; ensure that the proposed objects are consistent with data and process models.
• Work with the technical staff to understand problems and then resolve them; resolves customer complaints with the software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
• Prepare required documentation, analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas.
• Develop high level and detailed design diagrams using GFE tools; translate detailed design into computer software; including both program-level and user-level documentation.
• Provide guidance to programmers as required ensuring program deadlines are met.
• Monitor and support computer processing; coordinate input, output, and file media; and distribute output and control computer operation.
b. Database Support
• Identify user requirements, set up computer databases, organize and store data, and test and coordinate modifications to the computer database systems.
• Understand the performance parameters of the system, the platform on which the database runs, and adds new users to the system.
• Plan and coordinate security measures data integrity, backup systems, and database security.
• Provide technical assistance to computer system users; answers questions and resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations
• Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
• Provide technical expertise in the use of Database Management System (DBMS); evaluates and recommends available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
• Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications; manages the development of data base projects; performs capacity planning; provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
• Manage IT system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems; provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem identification and resolution for all of the client problems.
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process; provides support for the escalation and communication of status to Sponsor's management and internal customers; coordinates changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
• SharePoint and Joomla Experience
• Responsible for operations related to systems management software.
• Install and maintain software monitors and conduct advanced analysis of output and performance.Click Here to Apply