This position is located in our NJ, Hackettstown facility
As a member of the IT Technical Staff, the position will work in various aspects of Desktop Support. Duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
• Research, maintain, install and troubleshoot all aspects of laptop and desktop hardware and associated software.
• Customer service and high standards of excellence are expected.
• Be able to take proactive corrective actions to resolve issues in advance of system problems.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Installs, configures, analyzes, resolves and repairs all hardware and software issues involving Windows and Mac OS based computer systems and peripherals.
• Provides total support of the desktop environment in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
• Maintains password security, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment.
• Responds quickly, thoroughly documents, and closes all assigned cases through the designated tracking system.
• Communicates with customers, peers, and management concerning the status of cases, problems, or suggestions.
• Troubleshoots and determines the root cause of problems with software or hardware incompatibilities or network connectivity issues.
• Timely escalation of issues that prevents the Support specialist from performing the above job functions
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience
• Must have experience providing Desktop Support in an Active Directory environment.
• Must have Desktop and Laptop hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Must have application troubleshooting experience.
• 4 to 5 years working with customers through the Help Desk and direct customer contact.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to compromise.
• Must be willing to fully document trouble tickets from inception through closure.
• Must be proficient in supporting Windows 7, and XP.
• Some Mac OS support desirable.
• Experience with Enterprise Incident Management Systems, such as Remedy, experience with Service Now a plus.
• Any experience with Microsoft SCCM a plus.
• Good oral and written communications a must.
• Ability to work within one or multiple teams.
• Ability to multi-taskClick Here to Apply