This position is located in our VA, Chesapeake facility
Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be Cableway certified. Connector cerficatin a plus.
1-3 years of related electrical experience.
Must be experienced with shipboard electrical installation and testing of HM&E equipment and systems.
Must have active CAC or Rapid Gate Badge. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. Click Here to Apply