This position is located in our VA, Fairfax facility
Formulates approach to solution scope and objectives relative to a client's requirements
-Articulates the client's problems and primary business drivers and develops conceptual, logical, and physical solutions which address those needs
- Acts independently, or leads a group of technical contributors, while maintaining top level responsibility for detailed solution analysis and design during business capture and proposal development
-Leads and Supports the development of prototypes that may be required during capture process and/or the early delivery stages, or in support of R&D efforts
-Investigates new initiatives and opportunities for appropriateness with respect to strategic goals for both New and Add-on Business
-Supports New Business Development and Software Project Managers in the role of Solution Architect during the proposal stage of business capture (i.e. writing proposal sections)
-Supports the Program Manager and the Software Project Manager in the role of Solution Architect during the transition, build, and operate phases of solution/program implementation
-Leads solution design activities
-Validates existing solution architectures and makes recommendations for improvements
-Proactively identifies opportunities for integrating modern architecture patterns and emerging technical solutions into the current design
-Fosters innovative solution brainstorming sessions with internal staff and provides collaborative innovation strategy sessions with customer technical and business stakeholders that results in the creation of modernized solutions
--Leads/creates the technical writing and response for proposals
- -Creates technology assessments to evaluate and select future technical solutions
-Creates Business Cases that contains ROI analysis to support technology assessments
- -Maintains an in-depth knowledge of a specific current technology, both internally and within the industry, and its applicability to the organization
-Ensures industry and GDIT's best practices and assets are leveraged and improved when necessary.
-Extensive experience with RFP/Proposal work.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Design and architect effective solutions for the company's customers and perspective customers
-Identify core, strategic technologies for the company's / customers¿ business
-Write effective technical proposals which define solutions and highlight the benefits of such solutions
-Work with other architects, SPMs, Line owners/Program Managers to design, build, and operate innovative solutions.
• Experience with Business Rules Engine Business Process Management and similar technologies
• Experience with SOA and Web Services
• EExtensive experience with RFP/Proposal work.
• Experience with Big Data tools and techniquesClick Here to Apply