The candidate will develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software. May be involved in the development of software user manuals and demonstrate software. The ideal candidate will also possess a good understanding of business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
- Works with technical staff to understand and resolve software problems, resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Assists in the development of critical components of the solution.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time, add functionality, or improve efficiency. Provides technical direction to other programmers.
- Helps to support completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and in production.
- May lead design/programming teams.
- Bachelors degree in appropriate discipline and a minimum of five years experience.
- Strong background in ASP.Net, C# and SQL.
- Strong experience in applications programming on data-base management systems, knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.