This position is located in our MD, Frederick facility
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) Military Health Solutions and Services Group is seeking a Sr. Program Manager (PM) for support of DoD Military Health and Veterans Affairs program management and logistics/supply management projects. This technical PM will be responsible for supporting capture activities, to include but not limited to, customer engagement, strategy development, and partner team development for upcoming opportunities in the following areas: PMO, medical logistics, business process re-engineering, healthcare supply chain, quality/risk management, and studies and analyses planning and execution. Upon award of new contracts, the PM will be responsible for program success.
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Establish priorities and set direction for the day-to-day management of the program.
• Prepare materials to support both internal and external reviews with regard to cost, schedule and technical performance and be expected to lead technical proposal activities.
• Provide direct oversight of complex schedules and work with the functional areas to ensure that program/project schedules are coherent and that all action items are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential customers; networks with technical and DHA organizations to promote GDIT throughout the medical technology community.
• Participate in proposal efforts including writing technical and management sections of proposals; act as lead proposal manager and be responsible for entire proposal effort with the support of others; develop project management plans; support pricing efforts.
• Work with the capture and BD teams to identify and pursue opportunities in medical simulation and training, advanced medical technologies, and medical education. Responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Develop staffing plan and supporting the proper staffing of the project.
• Provide subject matter expertise in direct support of contracts in the areas such as PMO establishment/management, business process re-engineering and improvement, and strategic planning.
• Formulate and enforce work standards, develop and manage schedules, supervise personnel and communicate the policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to the team.
• Lead program execution and have overall staffing, schedule, budget, and performance responsibility.
• Develop, maintain, and implement management plans and responsibility for all deliverables on the program.
• Interface frequently with customers and is responsible for organizing and conducting program status reviews and team meetings.
• Manage and be responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work and financial activities.
• Supervise assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers.
• Supervise, coach, and counsel existing staff as appropriate; coordinate the recruiting and hiring of new staff as required; interact regularly with customers; monitor and review contract deliverables; conduct internal program reviews; manage contract finances to ensure that tasks are completed within budget and schedule requirements; and monitor relationships with consultants and teaming partners.
• Direct program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
• Responsible for monitoring financial health of assigned projects and contracts to ensure spending is according to plan, invoices to customers are accurate, and payment is received in a timely manner.
• Assure quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
• Coordinate and monitor subcontractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
• Develop, review, and approve plans, schedules, and other program documents.
• Prepare and provide various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
• Ensure compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in business/technical discipline such as engineering, IT, or science, Master's preferred. Project Management Professional certification preferred.
At least 10 years' experience providing project management for Military/VA customers in any of the areas listed above. Must have strong understanding of military medical structure (DHA), staffing, and future vision and requirements. Strong management and leadership experience and the ability to supervise a geographically dispersed staff are desired. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in MS office package. Be self-motivated, organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and work well with minimal guidance. CONUS travel on occasion. Click Here to Apply