Provide administrative leadership and support to all activities of the Executive Director.
Include, but are not limited to, the abilities to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Recognize situations in which independent judgment should or should not be exercised, and then act accordingly.
- Work within priorities and deadlines, and set own work priorities.
- Be flexible and adjust workload to meet new or tight deadlines.
- Work with a variety of individuals and work styles both internally and externally.
- Interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate commitment to work as a team member.
Mandatory Qualities and Skills
Including yet not limited to:
- Ongoing and project-based administrative and coordinating skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Desire/skill to develop and maintain collaborative work relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidences/confidentiality.
- Expertise in business technology, especially computers with software such as Word, Excel, Power Point (desired), grant tracking (desired).
- Organization of materials and files and retrieval of information and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to Executive Director with routine activities and special projects including scheduling appointments, preparing/sending correspondence, developing team meeting agendas, filing, etc.
- Assist with all office processes such as mailing guidelines, entering data into the fundraising tracking system, preparing/sending letters, scheduling site visits or committee meetings, etc.
- Assist with logistical/administrative aspects of Executive Director's activities or other meetings of various sizes/impact, including arranging for meeting sites and food vendors, developing mailing lists, preparing/mailing invitations, assisting with agenda and speakers, providing appropriate communication after the event, assisting with event evaluation, etc.
Perform other Foundation organization duties as assigned.