This position is located in our VA, Chantilly facility
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Must have Security + certification or be able to attain certification within 6 months of hire.
Must be proficient per EOS guidelines (e.g., Job Qualification Standards (JQS)) in operating, maintaining, and utilizing, the following systems/applications:
1. SQL Server 2008 or later version
2. Oracle 11g on Unix or later version
3. Windows 2008 Server and Unix Operating Systems or later version
4. Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
5. VMWare ESXi
6. Network Management Applications as Hewlett-Packard (HP) Network
7. Node Manager (NNMi), HP Operations Manager (OM) and related Smart
8. Plugins, Remedy ITSM, NeuralStar, HP Network Automation (NA), HP Server Automation (SA), Riverbed's OpNet
9. E-Eye Digital Security Retina
In addition to El O&M Support personnel required qualifications, the list below includes desired qualifications. Proficient in operating, maintaining, and utilizing the following tool categories:
1. Network Management and associated tools
2. Process automation and associated tools
3. Change Execution
4. Configuration Management
5. Operations Support
6. Network Operations Monitoring
7. Vendor Element Managers
8. Syslog and Log Analysis Tools
9. Information Assurance (IA)/ Controlled Interface operations
10. Firewall Operations
11. Security Operations/Management
12. Provisioning Operations
13. Capacity/Availability Management
14. Consolidated Events/Incident Management
15. Change Management
16. Ticketing Operations and Management
17. Network Services Tools/ Operations and Management
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested. Click Here to Apply