This position is located in our MD, Silver Spring facility
The Senior Data Storage/SAN Engineer will be responsible for consulting and supporting customers on primarily EMC storage technology solutions.
1. Provide technical implementation expertise through the phases of design, engineering, and implementation, as needed.
2. Resolve issues in a wide range of technical areas that will ensure project success including product or solution-based knowledge transfer.
3. Communicate with clients and vendors; review of daily logs; periodic written reports management of patches and backups.
4. Coordinates project activities, plan and schedules per the task order.
5. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
6. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
7. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
8. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
9. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
10. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
11. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
12. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
14. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
15. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• EMC Storage Technology experience
• VMware Technology experience/familiarization
• Implementation and O&M support experience
• Knowledge of system integration, database, networking, architecture, connectivity, application development, backup, and web technologies
• Strong Unix and/or Windows administration background
• Experience working with in a large complex server environment
• Ability to analyze test results and prepare reports for customers
• Strong understanding of Thin provisioning
• Strong understanding of VM environments
• Good organizational, interpersonal, and analytic faculties
• Solid troubleshooting skills
• Ability to effectively transfer technical knowledge to customer
• A firm understanding of networking principles, as well as adherence to established configuration control standards and policies a must.
• Current Public Trust Level 5 Clearance preferred, or able to obtain clearance.
• Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
• Ablity to work on-call support as needed.
• NetApp Storage Technology
• HDS Storage Technology
• EMC Fundamental Certification
• Hitachi Data System Certification
• VMware Certification
• Symantec Net BackupClick Here to Apply