Washington DC Metro NCOHF Oral Health Zone Program® Manager Position Summary
National Childrens Oral Health Foundation: Americas ToothFairy is seeking a management professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude, great networking skills and a passion for helping children in need.
The Washington DC Metro NCOHF Oral Health Zone Program® (OHZ) Manager will build a community prevention-focused program in the greater Washington DC Metro Area to aggressively respond to the #1 chronic childhood disease in America pediatric dental disease. In this full-time leadership position, this person will identify and engage all community stakeholders in the regions concerned with childrens health and well-being to implement a community wide oral health initiative to educate and mobilize the public to take action to improve oral health among underserved populations.
Responsibilities will include building relationships with identified community partner organizations, coordinating community events to promote childrens oral health, leading fundraising activities to promote sustainability, and training community professionals and volunteers for delivery of preventive strategies.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature, possess exceptional networking and communications skills and have a strong background in advocacy/political campaigns, public health or business.
General Description of Duties
Provide oversight of all operational aspects of the MN OHZ Program, including:
· Serving as lead Washington DC Metro OHZ spokesperson and liaison
· Program planning
· Integrating NCOHF OHZ Component Programs into community systems to increase oral health awareness, educate and engage community members
· Identifying, unifying and mobilizing community partners concerned with addressing pediatric oral health epidemic, including, but not limited to local school systems, community organizations and local government
· Identifying target populations and channels for reaching target populations with oral health services and resources
· Facilitating participation of professional groups and volunteers
· Actively participating on appropriate committees relevant to the advancement of the OHZ program
· Coordinating an advisory board and additional volunteers as needed
· Organizing and marketing community events, such as oral health fairs, or fundraising activities. Responsibilities also include securing sponsors, volunteers and engaging participation from area residents
· Providing and coordinating training for allied health professionals, volunteers, and OHZ partners
· Coordinating and delivering oral health education presentations
· Evaluating and reporting on outcomes of training, educational presentations and other OHZ activities
· Budget administration
Qualifications for Appointment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - OHZ Manager will have:
· Understanding of public health, social and economic factors that impact overall health
· Experience working on political campaigns or advocacy helpful
· Demonstrated expertise in program development and implementation
· Knowledge of current public health issues, particularly those related to DC communities; experience in community health planning, coalition-building skills, strategic planning methods and techniques
· Exceptional networking and communications skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel software as well as online survey instruments. Experience with MAC platform preferred.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· Excellent business development, marketing and customer service-oriented skills
· Strong personal initiative, strategic thinking competencies and ability to execute
· Ability to adapt to changing environments and circumstances
· Experience and sensitivity in working with culturally diverse and underserved populations
· Ability to travel as necessary to meet program advancement needs
· Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent
· Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, or Business preferred.
· Seven (7) years experience working in advocacy, public health, community education or on political campaigns preferred. A masters or higher degree in related field may be substituted for three (3) years of direct work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Competent, polished public speaker
· Experience working with:
o School systems and community organizations
o Special event planning
o A wide variety of print and electronic media
o Grant-funded positions and writing funding proposals
Ability to speak multiple languages, including Spanish, is helpful
Send cover letter and resume to:
Jill Malmgren, Chief Operating Officer