This position is located in our Guantanamo CUB facility
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
GUANTANAMO BAY, CUBA
The position is as a Senior .NET Programmer with extensive web and database development skills. Selectee will be responsible for the sustainment & continued development of the Joint Detainee Information Management System (JDIMS) application for the Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (JTFGTMO), a major subordinate command of the U. S. Southern Command. While focused on the detainee population at GTMO, the JDIMS system supports a world wide cadre of intelligence analysts located in numerous DoD Commands and in various intelligence agencies. The incumbent is responsible for an ongoing update of JDIMS as well as ensuring system availability and reliability for all SQL, web, and portal servers. This position may require occasional TDY requirements in Arizona, the national capital region, and other deployed locations, if necessary. Candidate must possess managerial skills, must be able to effectively interact and brief senior officers, prepare high-level briefings and reports on systems status, outages, perform research and assessments of impact of the new version. Will serve as the Lead Developer responsible for managing portal administrators, knowledge management personnel, system administrators, web developers, and database administrator performing the following tasks (not-all inclusive):
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Must be able to achieve ITIL Foundation and Security + Certifications within 6 months of hire.
5-8 years of related software development with emphasis on web-based development and progressive Information Technology (IT) experience including at least 3 major projects in technical areas.
Secret Clearance is required, TS/SCI preferred.
This individual may be required to work shifts, on-call, & occasional weekends.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Click Here to Apply