This position is located in our MD, Bethesda facility
S/he will provide patient care in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings under the direction of a licensed
physician for traumatic brain injury. S/he will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team in the care approach for
TBI Service Member.
· Provides patient care in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings under the direction of a licensed
· Screens patients for traumatic brain injury.
· Provide direct patient care, physical assessments, evaluations, and monitoring of the patient with TBI.
· Provides emergency care for patients with TBI as indicated.
· Provides counseling to patients on treatments.
· Maintains documentation consistent with program and facility standards.
· Coordinates continuing education functions and departmental events.
· Participates on committees and in special projects as required.
Graduation from an accredited or provisionally accredited by the
American Academy of Physician Assistants granting a Master's or Bachelor's degree for physician assistants.
Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical
facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
with 0 to 2 years experience as a Physician's Assistant. Prior experience within the
DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred..
Must possess thorough knowledge of health care and patient care. Must have
excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain accurate and complete files on patients.
Ability to perform complex patient care procedures with scope of training required. Must be able to
communicate to staff, families and other sources both in writing and orally.
Certification as a Physician's Assistant issued by the National Commission on Certification
of Physician's Assistants. For personal service employees, the Contractor employee must have and maintain a
current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S.
Virgin Islands, or any US territory that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must
be current and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice
ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction).
The must meet all requirements for the credentialing facilities where they will be providing services.Click Here to Apply