This position is located in our VA, Arlington facility
Infrastructure Manager Network Architect
US active Secret Clearance
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Infrastructure Manager/Network Architect - responsible for maintaining the required service level objects for the network through network monitoring as well as technology enhancement, capacity planning and future implementations of new network technologies. This position includes capacity planning for increased demands of video streaming (multicast) and other technology advances. The Infrastructure Manager will oversee the overall network functions and at times may be required to act as a Network Engineer. Candidate must have prior experience planning and implementing complex networks with fault tolerance.
Ability to perform will under pressure. At a minimum, the Infrastructure Manager, shall have the following qualifications:
a. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in addition to 1O+ years of related experience.
b. At least 3 years of previous experience as a manager, mentoring and developing high functioning teams.
c. Prior experience as a Network Architect
d. Possess an active advanced networking certification such as a CCNP or a CCIE.Click Here to Apply