|POSTING DATE: ||04/04/2014|
|CLOSING DATE: |
|POSTING NUMBER: ||ABF1004|
|LOCATION: ||Central Office|
|POSITION: ||Senior Payroll Analyst|
|JOB DESCRIPTION: |
The Senior Payroll Analyst is responsible for performing a full range of payroll functions requiring a thorough knowledge of payroll rules and regulation, organizational structure and systems, accounting, reporting and government regulations. Specifically responsible for auditing payroll records; reconciling quarterly 941 and state tax filings, annual W-2 processing; and functioning as lead in analytical and reconciliation skills for the payroll system issues and reporting.
|JOB QUALIFICATIONS: |
Education: Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, HR or other related field such as Accounting. Additional certification like CPP is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources/Payroll Processing and Timekeeping system applications.
- Proficient knowledge of wage and labor rules at state and federal levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working with Tyler MUNIS, TimeClock Plus, or Microsoft Access preferred
- Must be detail oriented and able to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to learn new systems and progress quickly
Special Requirements: The incumbent must be highly skilled at analyzing large amounts of data using Microsoft Access and Excel. Skills must include an advanced level of ability to write data extracting queries and prepare ad-hoc reports using 3rd party report writing applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the payroll function
- Federal and State laws/regulations pertaining to payroll function
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Time and Labor systems and the associated payroll data
- Experience in preparing quarterly tax filings and W-2 processing
- Must be able to use analytical skills to design reports and create spreadsheets
- Ability to multi task, support day to day activities while managing projects and inquiries from stakeholders
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
- Reviews variance reports affecting gross pay, exemptions, garnishments and deductions and ensures the accuracy of payroll through balancing and auditing prior to submission.
- Collects, analyzes, updates and reconcile payroll data on a daily/monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Reviews and recommends changes to payroll processes as required to improve performance within the payroll department and updates and maintains payroll administration procedures and policies.
- Serves as the primary payroll function lead for testing ERP system upgrades, enhancements or changes brought about from policy, processing changes, vendor or legal review impacting payroll processing and operations.
- Performs quarterly tax filings, annual W-2 processing and reconciliations.
- Uses a variety of software applications to create and design reports and spreadsheets to lead or complete special projects as assigned.
- Prepares supplemental payrolls and assist in regular payroll as needed.
- Performs periodic general ledger salary reconciliations and payroll data validation analytics and correction of identified errors/exceptions.
- Researches, calculates and prepares payments for various benefit vendors
- Covers for team members in backup role for vacation and/or high volume work efforts, resolves difficult payroll issues and assists team members in providing high quality customer service
- Responds to notifications from state agencies regarding payroll taxes and assessments and supports internal and external audit activities
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in payroll accounting, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
SAS2: Up to $94,754
|EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: ||WP|