This position is located in our IA, West Des Moines facility
IT Project Manager
Applicant will lead the management of projects and/or IT solutions delivery to meet organizational business needs, which may include areas such as application development, systems integration, operations and support, technology, infrastructure, and policy.
The applicant will work closely with customer executives and technical managers to define needs or scope, and manage the planning, implementation, operation, maintenance and life cycle support of software applications, IT infrastructure projects, and special projects. The position will include independent project planning, tracking and control as well as reporting progress to executives. The applicant must be able to provide an assessment of project risks and develop mitigation and contingency plans to meet productivity, quality and customer goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated project scoping, planning and scheduling experience, creating a WBS, managing to milestones and resource loading.
• Self-starter to hit the ground running with minimal oversight and day-to-day direction
• Effective communicator with strong leadership attributes
• Ability to provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management
• Proactively manage project deliverables with little supervision, resolving action items, issues and risks.
• Identifies and articulates resource needs and roles and responsibilities within the team and stakeholder organizations.
• Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project tasks and resources per defined processes; which includes weekly status meetings and updates to project schedules
• Ability to forecast work to meet budget
• Information Technology (IT) project-based Experience
• Ability to write business requirements/technical requirements
• Ability to multi-task while protecting quality and integrity of tasks
• Experience with project delivery across multiple sub-contractors and/or geographic locations
• Excellent interpersonal skills (Leadership, Negotiation, Influence, Mentoring)
• Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience.
• 8-10 years of related experience
• Vast Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Project
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.)
8-10 years of related experiencClick Here to Apply