This position is located in our VA, Oakton facility
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met
• Develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures
• Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projectsClick Here to Apply