How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, hygiene and mobility, as directed by their individual service plans.
- Where properly certified, may administer or assist with medications as needed, in strict accordance with both internal and external protocols and regulations.
- Monitors changes in residents’ functional status and personal care needs; documents observations and advises supervisors and/or clinical staff as appropriate.
- Assists in the development and updating of Resident Care Plans.
- Encourages resident participation in scheduled programs and activities.
- Conducts one on one or small group activities as assigned by supervisor in conjunction with the Vibrant Living Director.
- Assists with laundry and light housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Assists with serving meals and bussing tables as needed.
- Chaperones activities outside the community as needed.
- Monitors the community and takes appropriate action to keep the environment safe, clean, and attractive for residents, guests and co-workers.
- Participates in and attend all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification and a minimum of one year of experience in a senior care role.
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant, Medication Technician, Medication Assistant, or other State approved or State required training.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.