This position will serve as the DECC Enterprise Services Security Architect leading all enterprise security designs and approaches for all ES products. Assist in the design, construction and maintenance of security services for Enterprise Services for a complex SOA based application.
The Development Effort Consolidation Contract (DECC) of which CSC is the lead under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) constructs CMSs forward looking health care quality systems environment. This includes the Architecture, Application systems (Lines of business or LoBs) and Enterprise Services (ES, shared common services), all in an Oracle tools based environment. This job is the manager of the construction and maintenance of various services in the security portfolio, including Error Handling, Audits/Reports, and identity management integration. The program is in its 4th option year and is maturing and enhancing the stable of services; updating of services is transitioning to the LoB teams with the ES team responsible for some systems development, but an increasing role in integration support to the LoBs as they begin to supply staff to develop and enhance ES, a controlled image of an Open System environment.
The job entails providing leadership to the ES team, providing hands on help and guidance, coordinating and solving technical issues, adapt to changing priorities, enforcing scope controls and overall service and program governance, status reporting, project plan maintenance, production support, and day to day management of software and documentation deliverables.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership in effective planning and execution of security team activities in accordance with the SOW and SOD, and build and maintain a strong organization that can exceed the client's expectations
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with CMS clients, focus to be directed by the ES Engineering Manager
- ES lead for all security Assessment exercises in support of FISMA ATO.
- Provide leadership in developing responses to Change Orders affecting security components
- Provide direction to the ES staff based on overall direction from the Chief Architect and ES Engineering Manager to ensure successful performance and documentation of activities performed by the staff.
- Ensure that Security Portfolio activities are integrated within the Group and across the remaining DECC groups/LoBs as necessary to develop consistent solutions and approaches across the program
- Provide responsive support to Production issues and incidents; support all testing and LoB development integration needs for Security Services
- Ensure that security deliverables are of high quality through conduct of peer reviews.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of status presentations and reports
- Ensure that Security Portfolio risks are identified, mitigated and retired in a timely manner
- Attend and contribute to internal and client facing meetings as directed by the Chief Architect or ES Engineering Manager
- Insure the update and own the accuracy of status reporting (such as weekly PIR, Monthly GTL and PMR reports) for Security Portfolio activities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) and/or top secret security clearance
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Expert level experience with Security controls development or expert level experience with identity management development with knowledge of the other
- Experience with implementing DLP concepts and solutions
- Experience with Server and Desktop technologies and Oracle 11g databases
Essential Job Qualifications:
• Directory Services
• Messaging technologies
• Server Virtualization, Storage Consolidation
• Web Application Servers and Middleware tools
• ITIL best practices
• Hands on experience with data warehousing methodologies and concepts
• Familiarity with Application Development Life Cycle Methodologies
• Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments for security design solutions.
• Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems.
• Systems Design (capable practitioner)
• Systems Developer (knowledgeable)
• Project Planning (capable practitioner)