This position is located in our VA, Chantilly facility
Seeking a Top Secret Sr. Unix/Macintosh Systems Administrator with comparable experience/knowledge of MS Windows environments. Candidate must have programming experience with Python, PERL or other language, for support of Solaris UNIX, Linux and Windows based operating systems. Candidates possessing Red Hat Certifications are highly desirable. Will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. DNS, LDAP and network service maintenance.
5. Performs Inventory Reconciliation.
6. Duties may include database maintenance.
7. Maintains system documentation
8. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
9. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
10. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
11. May program in an administrative language.
12. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
13. Provides advice and training to end-users.
14. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
- Strong work ethics, ability to work independently and as part of a multi-contractor team in support of the government.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Red Hat Certification Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Sys Amdin (RHCSA) is highly desirable, but not required.
- Must have an active TS clearance, be able to obtain/retain SCI
- Must successfully pass a C/I polygraphClick Here to Apply