This position is located in our VA, Charlottesville facility
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Responsible for providing Tier III level resolution and customer support to all VoIP and DVTC issues across the enterprise (NIPR/SIPR/JWICS). The candidate will also be responsible to provide outage documentation utilizing customer provided Incident Tracking software. Tools utilized will include Cisco Unity Call Manager (CUCM), Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and other tools as necessary.
3. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
4. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
5. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
6. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
7. May perform network administration duties.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
• Responsible for the operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Cisco Unity Call Manager clusters, VoIP phones, and DVTCs.
• Build and maintenance CUCM servers including operating system and CUCM application.
• Knowledge of Cryptographic equipment and encryption management software.
• Provide guidance, technical support, and training to Tier I and II level personnel.
• Interface with senior contractor staff to provide technical guidance on network installations, configuration management, and solutions.
• Implements engineering solutions ensuring effective and efficient network operations.
• Drafting documentation of all CUCM cluster topology and dependencies and standard operating procedures
• Perform equipment upgrade actions to improve or enhance equipment operations
• Candidate will support a specific network team for a rotational period of roughly 6 months before rotating to a new network team. Teams include JWICS, Black Core, SIPR, NIPR, StoneGhost, and other customer network teams as assigned. Candidate may also be assigned as a lead for a team.
• Repairing or coordinating "in warranty" service for covered equipment
• Repairing, replacing, removing, upgrading, testing and/or coordinating fix actions for "out of warranty" equipment
10. Experience maintaining/deploying analog gateways
11. Proficient in the IOS environment for maintaining voice gateways
12. Familiar with the deployment/maintenance of server based dial plans and router based dial plans.
13. Familiar with the deployment and the management of the following Cisco Servers (VM and traditional platform): -Unified Communications Manager, Unified Contact Center Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Presence.
14. Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles.
15. Understanding of the Tandberg Management System
16. Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
17. Familiar with the VC Web Wizard scheduling interface
• Coordinate with DISA and other Telecommunications Service Providers regarding fault isolations and circuit installations and activations
• Must understanding difference between customer and supervisor, and how to deal with taskings that come from the customer
• Must use the customer ticketing system to track all work performed
• Deployments are a possibility, so candidate must be willing to deploy for a 4 month rotation
• Travel is required, candidates will be required to travel locally as well as CONUS/OCONUS for support as required
• Submit After Action Reports (AAR) as warranted and provide customer briefings on operational issues.
• Must display a vision consistent with supporting ECS Network Operations' Performance Based (PBS) Goals and Objectives
• Must be capable of developing plans and procedures consistent with PBS success.
• Must have a basic understanding of the requirements set forth in the SITE Contract.
• Self-starter. Ability to take the initiative to get the mission done with minimal supervision.
Solid Customer Support Skills in a high visibility environment.
Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
Able to multitask in a stressful environment.
Technical Skills commensurate with a VoIP Tier III qualified engineer/technician.
Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles at a foundation level.
Prior experience tracking and troubleshooting network outages utilizing Event/Incident tracking software.
Duties may require working non-standard shifts in multiple work centers.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
Requires a Security+ce CertificationClick Here to Apply