This position is located in our VA, Alexandria facility
Perform operational security assesments to assist in maintaining network and system security compliance. Perform necessary administration to the DoD Host Based Security System (HBSS). This will include working with engineers and developers to ensure settings and system modules are configued properly and providing expected behavior.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration + 3years general IT experience Troubleshooting Skills (a plus). Experience working with Anti-virus Products (not vendor specific) CompTIA Security+ (certification required)
DISA HBSS 4.5 Administrator
DISA HBSS 4.5 Advanced (preferred)
CISSP Certified (preferred)
Secret Security Clearance
Effective Writer & Speaker in English
IT Security Experience (preferred)
Perform limited travel
Visio 2007/2010 Experience Click Here to Apply