This position is located in our VA, Yorktown facility
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability/capacity planning, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications, create and keep up-to-date documentation for all routine tasks conducted.
8. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Experience with SQL, SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Access 2007, and ASP.net (VB.net)
Responsible for maintaining production systems by correcting data problems caused by operations, customers, or program errors. Provide Database Administration support and management for locally installed databases. Provide troubleshooting and resolution of errors/failures. Test, install, and upgrade software. Follow data modeling and database design including normalization. Perform metadata management and repository usage. Use database schema creation and management. Ensure capacity planning. Employ performance management and tuning. Perform database and data archiving. Ensure connectivity including intranet and Internet enabled database access. Monitor the host database server to ensure maximum performance and availability for users. Support development, testing, quality assurance, and production environments. Develop procedures for building reports to facilitate automated and standardized delivery of data and information. Manage user access to read data and write data and run reports against the database. Provide suggestions for improving existing databases. Create and keep up-to-date documentation for all routine tasks including frequency of task, task name, task description, specific steps to perform task, time to complete task, and risks if task not performed. Reference and follow industry standards and techniques. Protect and provide warnings on possible events that may result in database errors or any database going off line. Keep a centralized record of all modifications made to databases. Click Here to Apply