An anthropologist might be moved to assess February’s five most-viewed online recipes thusly: Washington Post readers appreciate food that’s good for them. But that does not affect their devotion to pie.
1. Walnut-Crusted Salmon. A heart-healthy, easy entree from Bethesda nutritionist Elaine Gordon. The recipe appeared in The Post’s Local Living section.
(Deb Lindsey/FOR THE WASHINGTON POST) -
The time-honored Food section tradition of recipe face-offs started with a battle over chili and has led to several game-day-worthy dishes.
2. Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts. Light and delicious, from Ina Garten’s latest cookbook, “Foolproof.”
3. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. It’s becoming something of a monthly habit, this hard-to-beat recipe from master baker and cookbook author Rose Levy Beranbaum.
4. Banana-Berry Nut Muffins With Chia Seeds. The second recipe from Gordon; these are low-fat and gluten-free.
5. Kale and Chickpea Stew. A healthful Dinner in Minutes dish that’s vegan. Serve on its own or over warm polenta.