A quick survey of readers’ most-viewed Washington Post recipes online for March finds two attributes they all share: They’re built for comfort.
1. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. A perennial classic since 2008, from master baker Rose Levy Beranbaum.
2. Chickpea Flatbreads. Store your chickpea flour in the freezer to have it on hand for this gluten-free snack. The recipe ran in Local Living.
3. Grilled Chicken and Green Chili Soup. A serving of Stephanie Witt Sedgwick’s healthful and quick main course contains a mere 7 grams of fat.
4. Five-Grain Risotto With Broccolini and Brussels Sprouts. An inspirational vegetarian dish from chef Cedric Maupillier at Mintwood Place in Adams Morgan.
5. Kale and Chickpea Stew. It takes only 25 minutes to make this healthful vegan entree.