You like easy, light and excellent: This is the takeway message from our list of readers’ most-viewed Washington Post recipes online for May:
1. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. A sure sign that pie season’s underway; Rose Levy Beranbaum’s classic from 2008.
2. The Only Ribs You Need to Know. The no-grill centerpiece of a party menu from Lee Manigault and Suzanne Pollack, known as the Deans of the Charleston Academy of Domestic Pursuits.
3. Spicy Ruby Slaw. The perfect companion for the Deans’ ribs recipe.
4. Coconut “Cheesefake.” A no-bake dessert made with Greek-style yogurt and a date-almond crust, from Sarah Waybright of www.whyfoodworks.com.
5. Better-For-You One-Bowl Brownies. From cookbook author Nancy Baggett, these no-butter treats have only 119 calories and 4 grams of fat.
Bonnie S. Benwick has the job most envied among cocktail-party conversations. If they only knew ... Cook with her each week at Dinner in Minutes: washingtonpost.com/recipes.