Readers’ top five recipe picks for November
The highlights of a Thanksgiving feast figure prominently in November’s top five reader-favorite recipes, from The Post Food section’s Recipe Finder database:
1. Tiffany MacIsaac’s Double-Crust Apple Pie. The executive pastry chef shared the secrets of her favorite pie to make at home, which include a Gala apple filling that is pre-cooked, a pie crust dough that contains vodka, and a final sprinkle of salt and sugar.
2. Brussels Sprouts California Style. It’s made bright with pomegranate seeds, pistachios and lemon juice.
3. Mama’s Pecan Pie. From cookbook author Virginia Willis; as we’ve mentioned before, the pecan-to-goo ratio is what makes this rendition a standout.
4. Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Onion and Apple. An apple cider reduction sweetens this dish.
5. Herb-Crusted Roast (Butterflied) Turkey. The bird cooks faster and stays juicy.
For more holiday recipes, visit our Holiday Guide.