Thanksgiving means tradition — and pie. We were inspired by what’s served in the White House, and it looks like readers were as well. Here are the five most-viewed Washington Post recipes online for November. They can be found at washingtonpost.com/recipes and in the Holiday Guide 2012 (washingtonpost.com/holiday):
1. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. Rose Levy Beranbaum’s recipe works especially well with fruit fillings.
2. Herb-Crusted Roast (Butterflied) Turkey. A classic (2007) way to cook the bird faster and more evenly.
3. White House Thyme-Roasted Turkey. We’re still sold on what a wet brine does for white meat. Thyme in the brine means no burnt herbs on the bird.
4. Laura Bush’s Green Beans With Anchovy Butter. Simple preparation yields a rich, salty taste.
5. White House Kale Salad. The one served at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. used ingredients from the White House vegetable garden, of course.
More from Food