No purchase necessary to enter this contest. This contest is sponsored by WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post (“Sponsor”). Anyone in the United States is eligible to submit photos of his or her diorama, but the five finalists and semi-finalists selected must be residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia. Contestants must be 13 years of age or older to enter. If you are under 13 please have a parent, guardian or teacher submit your entry. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Sponsor and its affiliates, and those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible. Void outside of the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland and where prohibited by law. Contest subject to all federal, state and local laws.
2012 Peeps Diorama Contest (Official Rules)
1. Think of a scene. Sketch some ideas. Possible extra credit given to those who deftly employ puns in the diorama concept or title.
2. Make your diorama using a shoebox or comparable item of reasonable size. To be eligible for finalist standing, the diorama must be transportable to our office by one person. Melt, mold and manipulate those fluffy chicks and bunnies to bring your creative vision to life. If you don’t know how to make a diorama, Google “how to make a diorama.”
3. Take a photo of your diorama. Then, upload your photo. Your picture must be a .jpg. You will also be asked to provide:
a. Your name, age and hometown
b. The names, ages and hometowns of anybody who contributed to the diorama
c. A phone number and e-mail address (not for publication)
d. The title of your diorama and a blurb about its creation or significance
4. Photo submissions are due by Monday, February 27 at 11:59 p.m. ET, but keep your masterpieces intact after submission. In the coming weeks, the Washington Post Magazine staff (who are judges) will pick five finalists based on originality of concept and skill in execution; those dioramas will be retrieved via courier and judged in person to determine the winner. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. The Magazine staff will also select semi-finalists; those dioramas will be displayed in our online gallery. Photos of our semi-finalists and finalists will run on Sunday, April 1. By entering, you authorize The Post to publish photos of your diorama and to identify you as the entrant with those photos.
5. The grand prize winner – as voted by Magazine staff – will receive a $100 American Express gift check and an Executive Peeps gift box (including Peeps items and candy) grand prize ARV $200. Four runner up winners will receive a $50 American Express gift check and an Executive Peeps gift box (includes Peeps items and) ARV $100. The gift box is courtesy of Peeps and Company. Odds of winning and of being selected as a finalist or semi-finalist depend on the number of entries.
6. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.