1. Think of a scene. Sketch some ideas. Possible extra credit given to those who deftly employ puns in the diorama concept or title.
2. Make your diorama using a shoebox or comparable item of reasonable size not to exceed three feet wide by two feet deep by two feet tall. To be eligible for finalist standing, the diorama must be transportable to our office by one person. Melt, mold and manipulate those fluffy chicks and bunnies to bring your creative vision to life. If you don’t know how to make a diorama, Google “how to make a diorama."
3. Take photos of your diorama. Then, go to washingtonpost.com/peeps to upload not more than two photos of your diorama. Your pictures must be .jpg, .jpeg or .png files. Do not submit .doc, .docx, .pdf or .tiff files.
You will also be asked to provide:
a. Your name, age and home town
b. The names, ages and home towns of anybody who contributed to the diorama
c. A phone number and e-mail address (not for publication)
d. The title of your diorama
e. Captions accompanying your photos about your creation or its significance.
Entries without this information will not be considered. You will see a notification screen after submitting if your images have been uploaded successfully. If you have questions about the uploading process, e-mail email@example.com.
4. Photo submissions are due by Monday, March 17, at 11:59 p.m. EST, but keep your masterpieces intact after submission. In the coming weeks, the Washington Post Magazine staff (who are judges) will pick five finalists based on originality of concept and skill in execution; those dioramas will be retrieved via courier and judged in person to determine the winner. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. The Magazine staff will also select semi-finalists; those dioramas will be displayed in our online gallery. Photos of our semi-finalists and finalists will run on Sunday, April 20. By entering, you authorize The Post to publish photos of your diorama and to identify you as the entrant with those photos.
5. The grand prize winner – as voted by Magazine staff – will receive a $200 American Express gift check and an Executive Peeps gift box (including Peeps items and candy) grand prize ARV $50. Four runner-up winners will receive a $75 American Express gift check and an Executive Peeps gift box (includes Peeps items and) ARV $50. The gift box is courtesy of Peeps and Company. Odds of winning and of being selected as a finalist or semi-finalist depend on the number of entries.
6. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND GENERAL CONDITIONS:
By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, postage due, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone system, technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, transmission or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any prize or from participating in the Contest or any Contest related activity; or (v) any printing, distribution, typographical, administrative, human or technological errors involving or associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. Entrants must have all necessary rights in their entries. Entries that are late, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, false, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for any finalist or winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason. In Sponsor's sole discretion, a selected potential semi-finalist, finalist or winner may be disqualified and required to forfeit the opportunity to participate further in the Contest, and an alternate potential finalist or winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries for any reason, including without limitation if a selected potential finalist or winner (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) declines or cannot accept the opportunity to participate further in the Contest for any reason; or (iii) fails to comply with these Official Rules.
All costs and expenses are not included and are the winners’ responsibilities unless indicated herein as being awarded. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of any prize element permitted. Elements of the prize may not be exchanged. Sponsor and/or a prize provider may substitute a prize (or a portion of a prize) with one of equal or greater retail value if a prize (or a portion of a prize) is unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason. Winners will be responsible for reporting and payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with claiming these prizes. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the tax implications of winning.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest (or any portion of the Contest) should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select the winners from eligible entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. Releasees have not made and/or are not responsible for any misrepresentation or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes. By entering, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor may use his or her entry (e.g., name, diorama, photos, and related information) in any and all media throughout the universe and in perpetuity for any purpose as determined by Sponsor, including promotional purposes without additional compensation. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor may use winner's name, voice, biographical data, likeness and city name in any and all media throughout the universe and in perpetuity for any purpose as determined by Sponsor, including promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor: WP Company LLC, 1150 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20071. Finalists and winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity/liability release. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prizes. If a prize is forfeited or a finalist/winner is disqualified, then (in Sponsor's sole discretion) the next-best entry under the criteria set forth above may be selected to receive the forfeited prize subject to these Official Rules. Forfeited prizes may not be awarded. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
2014 Peeps Diorama Contest Entry Form
More Peeps Dioramas