* Kathy in California wrote: “I’m a perfume junkie. I have 45 bottles. Each morning, I choose a fragrance for the day. I don’t feel dressed without my perfume.”
* Jan in Texas wrote, “I have been wearing the same perfume since I was a senior in high school back in 1969, which means I have been wearing it 43 years or so.”
* Jody, via e-mail, said, “I have well over 200-plus full-size bottles of fragrances ... as I LOVE having a choice.”
On the other side:
* Tracey, via e-mail, said: “Too bad you didn’t discourage use of perfumes and scented lotions instead of showing how to layer fragrances to make it ‘more.’ Too many, including myself, are overly sensitive to chemical fragrances and can barely stand to even walk near a perfume-wearing person.”
* Donna, via e-mail, said: “Please ask your readers (especially those who work around others) to go light on these, as many of us are allergic to them. For me, perfume makes my nose burn and eyes water, and then I get a headache.”
This is an ongoing and very common complaint. -- Heloise
P.S.: Visit my Web site, www.Heloise.com, for links to my Facebook and Twitter pages — hints, fun facts and more! Come see photos and check out what’s happening.
Dear Heloise: If you have an indoor cat (or cats), invest in a heavy-duty litter scoop. I purchased one that is larger than the typical plastic one. It is made of metal, with a rubberized material on the handle. It provides a better grip and is larger and longer, so you don’t have to bend down quite so far. The metal does not flex like plastic does, making the scooping easier. It will last forever and is money well spent. -- Nancy in New Hampshire
DRYING PLACE MATS
Dear Heloise: Recently, after washing some place mats, I realized I could not put them in the dryer. Thinking about how I could dry them flat, my cooling racks came to mind. I spread the mats out on top of the racks, and by the end of the day, they were dry. Perfect! So many uses for those cooling racks. -- Linda T., Reeds Spring, Mo.
Send a hint to Heloise, P.O. Box 795000, San Antonio, Tex. 78279-5000, fax it to 210-HELOISE or e-mail it to Heloise@Heloise.com. Please include your city and state.
2012, King Features Syndicate