Also, take the receipt with you — don’t leave it lying around. -- Heloise
SEND A GREAT HINT TO:
P.O. Box 795000
San Antonio, TX 78279-5000
Dear Heloise: I have a large box of denture-cleaning tablets. Can I use these for anything besides cleaning dentures? Thank you. -- JoAnne, via email
JoAnne, great question! Here are some other uses for denture tablets:
* Use to clean tea stains out of mugs. Fill the cup with water and add a denture tablet. Let sit overnight and then clean.
* Clean your gold and diamond jewelry with them. Place a tablet in a glass with the jewelry on top. Fill the glass with water and let soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Gently brush with a soft brush, then rinse well.
* Clean retainers with it. Soak for 15 minutes, then rinse.
* Clean vases with narrow necks. Fill a vase with water, then add a couple of denture tablets. Let sit, then rinse.
* Treat yellow discoloration on fingernails. Place two tablets in a bowl of warm water. Soak hands for five minutes, then gently scrub nails with a soft toothbrush or nailbrush.
Dear Heloise: We were planning a trip to the amusement park and were wondering how to safely take our cellphones, wallets and glucometers onto the water rides. My nephew came up with the perfect solution -- a plastic zipper bag. -- Colleen in Pennsylvania
This is one way to protect items. Also, check major retail stores near the park. I know that the ones in the San Antonio area sell waterproof containers made specifically for water parks. -- Heloise
REPACKING A BOX
Dear Heloise: This hint may help others repack a box with appliances, or electronics with several parts. Sometimes there is a need to do this, such as when returning it to the manufacturer. Also, if I am not using something for a while, I pack it up and put it in storage.
Well, today I had an epiphany when I looked at what was involved, and I thought, “How will I ever remember how all this went together?” I grabbed my camera and took pictures of how it looked. Now all I have to do is print off the pictures and include them in the box. If the object doesn’t work, this time the repacking job will be a breeze. -- Mary in Nebraska
Send a hint to Heloise, P.O. Box 795000, San Antonio, Tex. 78279-5000, fax it to 210-HELOISE or e-mail it to Heloise@Heloise.com. Please include your city and state.
2012, King Features Syndicate