Road worrier: A reluctant driver takes the wheel in famously chaotic Phuket
An expat English teacher discovers that traffic in Thailand is predictably unpredictable.https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_296w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/05/27/Production/Sunday/Travel/Images/phuketdriving_travel0531.jpg 296 164
Photos from the Ecuadoran archipelago by Karine Aigner.
From eating ramen to touring Frank Lloyd Wright homes, there’s lots to do.
Tourists are trickling back to see the temples, tombs and more.
Where outdoor oasis meets city charm.
Enjoy the flowers, windmills and canals of the Netherlands.
While waiting for clear skies to reveal the aurora, tourists in Swedish Lapland spot reindeer and visit the Icehotel.
Exploring the Borinage in rural Belgium sheds light on what inspired the artist’s work.
Climbers come from across the world to witness breathtaking cloud-level landscapes.
Elsewhere in Lifestyle
- Pack to distract, and other tips for taking toddlers to restaurants
- What happens when food writers bring their toddlers to fancy restaurants
- At world’s fair, U.S. tries to educate, but some visitors just want a selfie
- The summer fruit that will make your tabbouleh a picnic star
- Can you make crave-worthy desserts with less (or no) white sugar?