What’s the Deal? Week of Feb. 17
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Perillo Tours is offering a $500 per-couple discount on two of its South & Sicily tours. The July 18 departure is now $3,440 per person double, and the Sept. 5 departure is $3,540. The trip includes five nights of accommodations in the Sicilian cities of Palermo and Taormina, three nights in Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast and two nights in Rome; daily breakfast, eight dinners and one lunch; sightseeing tours and guides; motorcoach transport; airport transfers; and taxes. International airfare is extra. Book by Feb. 28. Info: 800-431-1515, www.perillotours.com.
● With Natural Habitat Adventures, save $1,013 on select polar bear expeditions in Canada’s Churchill, Manitoba. The per-person savings are valid on the six-day Classic Polar Bear Adventure (depart Oct. 14 or 19 or Nov. 16), the seven-day Classic Polar Bear Adventure (Oct. 19, Nov. 14) and the seven-day Tundra Lodge Adventure (Oct. 17). Prices vary. For example, with the discount, the Tundra Lodge Adventure costs $5,682 per person double and includes round-trip flight from Winnipeg to Churchill, accommodations, all meals (except lunch or dinner on the final day in Churchill), some gratuities, all activities and entrance fees, evening presentations, taxes and service charges. Book by March 15. Info: 800-543-8917, www.nathab.com.
● To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Red Roof Inn is giving guests celebrating the same four-oh birthday a gift: a $19.73 rate at any of its properties. Taxes are additional. To qualify, the guest must stay on the same day as his or her birthday and show valid ID. Savings vary. For example, the Red Roof Secaucus-NYC in New Jersey starts at $90 a night, including taxes. Valid through Dec. 31. To book, call 800-733-7663. For general info: www.redroof.com.
● SeaDream Yacht Club is offering a 10 percent discount on all 2013 and 2014 Asia cruises booked by Feb. 28. The promotion applies to 18 sailings aboard the 56-stateroom SeaDream II. Prices vary. For example, a seven-night cruise from Singapore to Phuket, Thailand, departing Dec. 21 starts at $3,599 per person double, a savings of $400; port charges and fees are an extra $455. Gratuities and beverages, such as premium liquor and wine, are included. Use promo code ASIA10. Info: 800-707-4911, www.seadream.com.
● Southwest is offering a sale for travel through June 8. For example, fares from BWI Marshall start at $118 round trip, including taxes, to many destinations, such as Boston, Cleveland, Louisville, Ky., and Pittsburgh. Ten-day advance purchase required. Other airlines are matching in select markets. Sale does not include Sunday flights. Blackout dates apply. Book by Feb. 18 at www.southwest.com.
●Virgin America has a sale on flights from Washington Dulles to the West Coast, including San Diego, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco and Palm Springs, Calif. For example, the round-trip nonstop fare to Los Angeles starts at $298 for travel Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, Feb. 26 through May 15; 14-day advance purchase required. Other airlines are matching. For all destinations, book by Feb. 18. Info: virginamerica.com.
● China Spree is offering special pricing on its Tibet & Beijing tour. The package now starts at $2,239 per person double for the Nov. 12 and 19 departures. Trip includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Beijing; round-trip air from Beijing to Lhasa, Tibet; five nights at Traders Hotel Beijing; three nights at Jardin Secret Hotel in Lhasa; 19 meals; land transportation; airport taxes; daily tours, including entrance fees; guides; and taxes. Priced separately, airfare and hotels alone would cost $3,314. Info: 866-652-5656, www.chinaspree.com.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org . Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.