This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●Save 30 percent on accommodations and receive free airport transfers with a deal from the Reefs Resort & Club in Southampton, Bermuda. The Advanced Fall Booking sale applies to stays of at least four consecutive nights Aug. 11 through Dec. 26. For example, four nights in a poolside room in late August is now $1,978 per couple, including breakfast, afternoon tea, taxes and gratuities. Airport transfer typically costs $100 round trip for two, for a total savings of $950 per couple. Book by June 10. Info: 888-224-6588, www.thereefs.com.
● Sofitel Luxury Properties is offering a free fourth night at 85 properties around the world. The Summer Collection package features such properties as Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach and Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. Prices vary. For instance, in June, four nights at the Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza in China cost $366, plus $35 taxes; nightly rate is usually from $126. At the Sofitel San Francisco Bay, pay $722, plus $6 taxes, for four nights in late June; usual nightly rate is $269. Deal also includes welcome gift of flowers or fruit and late checkout. Stay by Aug. 31. Info: 800-763-4835, www.sofitel.com.●
● Viking Cruises will launch its first ocean-going vessel in 2015 and is offering introductory two-for-one rates and discounted airfare on ocean cruises booked by July 31 (you must also pay the deposit by this date). The early-booking discounts on the 928-passenger Viking Star apply to all European itineraries, which range from nine to 49 nights. Prices vary. For example, with the discount, the nine-night Empires of the Mediterranean cruise, which travels from Venice to Istanbul, starts at $2,999 per person double on the April 11, 2015, and Nov. 8, 2015, departures. Round-trip airfare from Washington is $795 per person; fare typically starts at about $950. Info: 855-884-5464, www.vikingcruises.com/oceans.
● This summer and fall, families can save more than $1,000 on a G alapagos yacht cruise with Quasar Expeditions. With the Early Bird Family Special, book by June 14, and the company will take 20 percent off the rate for adults and children ages 12 to 19. The seven-night cruise aboard the 32-passenger M/V Evolution now starts at $4,064 per person double, down from $5,080. In addition, kids age 11 and younger save 30 percent, now paying $3,556. The promo applies to departures on July 20 and several in August, September and October. Price includes three daily meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages; all guided activities; use of snorkeling equipment; and taxes. Info: 866-481-7790, www.quasarex.com.
● Southwest is offering sale fares on nonstop flights between BWI Marshall and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Round-trip fare is $278, including taxes, for travel Aug. 12 through Oct. 31. Connecting service on other airlines starts at $293 during sale period. Purchase at www.southwest.com by June 6.
● SmarTours is offering couples discounts of $800 on select departures of its South American Odyssey tour. Price, after discount, is $4,099 per person double for the Nov. 11 and Nov. 25 departures; the Dec. 25 departure is $4,399. Trip includes round-trip airfare from New York’s JFK to Santiago, Chile, with return from Rio de Janeiro; four flights within South America; 13 nights in six hotels; 19 meals; all ground transportation; sightseeing excursions with entrance fees; tour guides; and taxes. Book by June 6; the company must receive a $300 nonrefundable deposit by check within seven days of booking. Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.
● Mango Bay Hotel and CheapCaribbean.com have teamed up to offer a five-night package to Barbados. The deal starts at $1,399 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Bridgetown; a standard room at the beachfront, all-inclusive resort (e.g., all meals, most beverages and such activities as kayaking, wakeboarding and a catamaran trip to snorkel with the turtles); vouchers worth $600 in “Barbados dollars,” valid at shops, restaurants and various attractions; and taxes. Book by June 15; travel July 1 through Dec. 14. By comparison, air alone starts at $600 and the hotel is $425 per room a night. Info: 800-915-2322, www.cheapcaribbean.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.