This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●Save $350 on an 11-night weight loss vacation or $25 per night for any wellness program at the New Life Hiking Spa in Killington, Vt. The 11-day retreat now costs $2,279 single; stay May 16-27, May 27-June 7, May 28-June 8, June 26-July 7, July 8-19 or anytime in August. Or receive $25 off per-person nightly rates May 16-Sept. 15. A two- to four-night mini-vacation, for instance, now starts at $214 per person double. Add 12.5 percent tax/service fee. Price includes room with private bath; three daily gourmet meals and nutritious snacks; hiking program and all exercise classes; massage and/or facial (one per three-night stay); cooking demos; and more. Book by Feb. 9. Info: 802-353-2954, www.newlifehikingspa.com.
● Save on winter sports vacations with ski-and-stay packages from Discover Lehigh, the marketing company for the Pennsylvania region. The package, good through March 13, includes accommodations at any of 11 participating hotels and vouchers for skiing, snowboarding or tubing at Bear Creek Mountain Resort or Blue Mountain Ski Area. Prices and details vary. For example, the package at Hotel Bethlehem starts at $199 a night and includes deluxe accommodations, breakfast for two, a pair of all-day/night lift tickets to Blue Mountain and taxes. By comparison, the tickets are normally from $52 per adult, and the hotel is usually from $153 a night. You must call the hotel to book. General info: stayandski.discoverlehighvalley.com.
● Twenty-six Manhattan hotels are participating in the second-annual Hotel Week NYC promotion. Rates range from $100 to $250 per night. Savings vary. For example, a room at the Maritime Hotel in Chelsea runs $200 (plus $33 taxes), a savings of $63; the rate at the Hotel Belleclaire on the Upper West Side is $100 (plus $15 taxes), a savings of $45. Valid through Jan. 20. Info: www.njfpr.com/Hotel-Week.
● Hurtigruten has eliminated the single supplement on two transatlantic repositioning voyages aboard the MS Fram. The cruise now starts at $2,090 per person single, including port charges, a savings of $1,565. The 16-night cruise departs on March 12 and sails from Buenos Aires to Spain’s Canary Islands, with the reverse itinerary departing the Canary Islands on Oct. 18. Info: 877-301-3117, www.hurtigruten.us.
●With International Expeditions, save $1,000 per person on nine Amazon and Galapagos small-ship cruise departures. With the discount, the 10-day Amazon River cruise starts at $2,898 per person double and includes pre-cruise accommodations, onboard laundry, all excursions, most meals, transfers and tips for porters and waiters. Depart March 29, April 5, April 26, May 10 or May 24. The Galapagos Islands cruise now starts at $4,098 and includes pre- and post-cruise lodging, all excursions and most meals. Depart Feb. 22, March 8, April 10 or May 3. Info: 800-234-9620, www.ietravel.com.
● US Airways has discounted flights to Rome. Round-trip fare from Reagan National, with a connection in Philadelphia, starts at $873; fare on other airlines starts at $959. Travel Jan. 28 through Feb. 28; book by Jan. 28. Enter e-certificate code FCO20PCT to receive the discount. Info: www.usairways.com/en-US/specials/rome-winter.html.
● Friendly Planet is offering $100 off its Captivating Costa Rica itinerary. The discounted price starts at $1,314 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to San Jose, two nights at the Crowne Plaza Corobici in San Jose, two nights at the Mountain Paradise Hotel adjacent to Arenal Volcano National Park, two nights at El Establo Hotel near Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, breakfasts, land transport, airport transfers and taxes. Priced separately, airfare and lodging alone would cost about the same amount. For the lowest price, depart May or June. Book by Jan. 10 and request code WP010313. Info: 800-555-5765, www.friendlyplanet.com. ●
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.