This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Connections by Abercrombie & Kent, a newly launched branch of the luxury tour operator focusing on local interactions, is offering preview rates on several 2012 journeys. Save as much as 40 percent on five itineraries, including India: Spiritual Splendor and Peru: Land of the Incas. Prices vary by trip. For example, the eight-night Egypt: Ancient Kingdoms tour departing Nov. 13 or Dec. 11 now starts at $2,695 per person double, a savings of $1,800. Tour includes five nights’ hotel accommodations, three-night Nile River cruise, most meals and taxes. International airfare and required $630 domestic air are extra. Info: 800-554-7094, www.ak-connections.com.
● With Access Trips, save $900 on the nine-day Thailand – Flavors and Culture of Exotic Siam departing Dec. 28. With the discount, the deal costs $2,590 per person, based on a minimum of three travelers, and includes airfare from Bangkok to Chiang Rai; eight nights’ accommodations in a five-star riverfront hotel, a four-star boutique hotel and a riverside resort; three half-day cooking classes; all breakfasts, seven lunches and two dinners; guided tours of Bangkok and Chiang Mai, with entrance fees; elephant trek; ground transportation and airport transfers; and taxes. International air is extra. Info: 650-492-4778, www.accesstrips.com.
● Viceroy Snowmass, a luxury Colorado ski resort near Aspen, has two winter deals. Book seven nights in a studio or one-bedroom unit and receive two six-day lift passes (normally from $665 per person) or a $1,000 resort credit. The ski pass is good at Snowmass Ski Area, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk; the credit can be used at the resort spa and any dining venue at Viceroy Snowmass, including Eight K, Nest Lounge and Cafe, and room service. In mid-January, the ski pass deal, with a week’s stay in studio, costs $5,246 double, with taxes; for the Beyond the Hill credit, the studio is $5,014. Book by Oct. 31; travel Jan. 5 through March 31. Info: 888-328-1724, www.viceroysnowmass.com.
● Crystal Cruises has discounted its deluxe veranda staterooms by $600 per person on two South Pacific itineraries aboard the Crystal Symphony. The 13-night cruise from Los Angeles to Papeete, Tahiti, departing Nov. 25, now starts at $3,965 per person double, plus $325 port charges. The 11-night cruise from Papeete to Auckland, New Zealand, departing Dec. 8, now starts at $4,070, plus $305 port charges. Book by Oct. 31. Info: 888-722-0021, www.crystalcruises.com.
● Save on a slew of cruises during National Cruise Vacation Week, held Oct. 21-27, in addition to monthlong specials during National Cruise Vacation Month. For example, through October, AMAWaterways has savings of $1,000 per stateroom, plus a free one-category upgrade on select sailings; for bookings made Oct. 21-27, the cruise line will throw in an extra $250 shipboard credit per stateroom. Book a March trip with American Cruise Lines during the promotional week and receive free shore tours and $500 per-stateroom savings. For deals: www.cruising.org/vacation/welcome. You must book with a Cruise Lines International Association travel agent.
● Turkish Airlines is offering a sale fare of $550 round trip, including taxes, for flights between New York’s JFK and Trabzon,Turkey. Depart Feb. 13, 14 or 15, with a seven-day maximum stay. The sale is designed to coincide with a Feb. 17 soccer match between Turkish teams Trabzonspor and Fenerbahce. Round-trip fare is typically $842 from New York and $960 from Washington. Buy online at www.turkishairlines.com by Sept. 30.
● Air Tahiti Nui is offering deals on short trips to Moorea and Tahiti. The five-night Magical Moorea With Tahiti package now starts at $1,949 per person double, including round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Papeete, one night at the InterContinental Hotel Resort Tahiti, four nights at the InterContinental Hotel Resort Moorea, breakfasts, ferry transport between Tahiti and Moorea, airport transfers and taxes. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $2,338, a savings of about $389 per person. Travel Nov. 1 through Dec. 14 or Jan. 7 through March 31. Book by Oct. 31. Info: 800-217-3300, www.airtahitinui-usa.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com . Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.