This week’s best travel bargains
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Stay at least two nights at any Keystone Resort property in Colorado and kids 12 and younger receive free daily ski and snowboarding passes. For example, during peak season, a two-bedroom at the Springs, a property 100 yards from the slopes, is $782 for two nights, including taxes. A two-day child’s lift ticket normally costs $88. Deal is valid for the entire season, even holidays. Info: 877-204-7889, www.keystoneresort.com.
● Maryland’s Deep Creek Lake area is offering a fall deal that includes three nights’ lodging for the price of two. The 3-2-1 Lodging & Activity Promotion, sponsored by the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, is available for stays through Dec. 16, excluding holidays. Prices vary. For example, at the Lodges at Sunset Village, three midweek nights in a one-bedroom cabin that sleeps four is now $297 (plus $33 taxes), a savings of $149. The promotion also includes discounts on select activities. For example, save $5 on trail rides at the Circle R Ranch; an hour-long horseback ride is $30 per person after discount. Info: 888-387-5237, www.visitdeepcreek.com.
● Four Marriott hotels and resorts in Orlando are offering a weekend deal on stays through Dec. 31. With the Orlando Weekend Savings Package, book a room Thursday through Sunday and receive a $25 daily resort credit (valid on food and beverage items, spa services, resort shops, etc.), plus free breakfast, lunch and dinner for kids younger than 12. (For gratis meals, an adult must accompany the little diners and order off the regular menu.) Prices vary at the quartet of participating properties: JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes; Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld; Orlando World Center Marriott; and Orlando Airport Marriott. For example, deluxe rooms at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld start at $149 per night, including tax. Use code P51 when booking at 800-MARRIOTT or www.orlandomarriottdeals.com.
● Cunard is offering free balcony upgrades and on-board credits on 30 European and transatlantic sailings in 2013. Prices and savings vary by voyage. For example, a seven-night transatlantic cruise aboard the Queen Mary 2 departing New York on May 3 now starts at $1,499 per person double for a balcony cabin (plus $50 port charges), a savings of $200 per person. Book by Oct. 29. Info: 800-728-6273, www.cunard.com/sale.
● Aer Lingus is offering sale fares to Ireland. For example, round-trip fare, with taxes, to Dublin starts at $599 from New York’s JFK. Travel Jan. 9 through Feb. 28. Sale is also affecting prices for flights from Washington Dulles and connecting through New York; lowest fare to Dublin is $634. For cheapest fares, fly Monday through Thursday; some dates are sold out. Minimum Saturday-night stay required. Other airlines are matching. Book by Oct. 31 at www.aerlingus.com.
● With smarTours, couples save up to $1,000 when they book any number of international packages by Oct. 31. For example, the 11-day Greece vacation with islands cruise starts at $2,499 per person double with the discount, down from $2,799. Price includes round-trip air from New York’s JFK; ground transportation and transfers; first-class and deluxe hotel accommodations with private bath; four-night Aegean Sea cruise aboard a Louis Cruise Lines ship; 19 meals; tours in Athens, Olympia and Delphi; and all taxes and fees. Multiple departures April through September; for the lowest rate, depart April 6 or 20. For additional savings of $150 per person, pay by check or money order. Other trips include the 12-day Best of Spain from $2,499 and the 14-day South Africa Highlights and Safari from $3,199 (price reflects the discounts). Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.
● Goway is offering a special on its New Zealand Self-Drive tour for departures through Dec. 6. The package now starts at $1,919 per person double and includes round-trip air from Los Angeles to Auckland (airfare add-on from Washington is about $400); seven nights in standard bed-and-breakfast inns (pay $15 extra per person per night for superior inns); seven-day automatic hatchback rental; and taxes. Also, book by Oct. 30 and receive an additional $100 per-person cash rebate. Priced separately, deal from Washington would cost about $2,475, for a savings of about $257 per person. Request trip code 147563. Info: 800-387-8850, www.goway.com.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.